He may have recently moved into a consultant role, but there’s no doubt that Wellington-based Pat Bowler continues to have a significant profile in the market. He’s a veteran of some transformative deals over the past decade, including the formation of Fonterra in 2001 and the rejuvenation of the New Zealand rail industry in 2011; more recently he has been a key adviser to the Canterbury Earthquake Recovery Authority on its response to the serious quake damage in Christchurch. This was innovative work in a tight timeframe that required the development of a legal framework for insurance coverage of damaged residential properties in the Christchurch Red Zone.
Consultant, Russel McVeagh (2013)
- Partner, Russel McVeagh (1984)
- General Counsel, Mobil Oil
|Years of Experience:
- Ranked as a leading New Zealand Corporate lawyer by Chambers Asia Pacific 2014.
- Listed as a Leading Lawyer in M&A by the IFLR 1000 2014 edition.
- Finalist - New Zealand Dealmaker of the Year, ALB Australasian Law Awards 2011
- Winner - New Zealand Dealmaker of the Year, ALB Australasian Law Awards 2009
LLB, Victoria University of Wellington
To view the complete feature on PDF, please click on NZ Lawyer Hotlist 2014