Unsurprisingly, several firms named M&A veteran John Strowger as a leading adviser. “He delivers commercial answers and thinks like a business person. That’s his standout feature,” said one source. Strowger is one of the lead lawyers who will advise the Crown on the Genesis selldown. Other recent deals include advising Fisher Funds on its successful acquisition of Tower Investments for NZ$79m.
Partner, Chapman Tripp (1986)
|Years of Experience:
- He has been consistently listed as a Leading Lawyer in Corporate & Commercial and Mergers & Acquisitions law by:
- Chambers Global
- Asia Pacific Legal 500
- IFLR1000 and PLC Which Lawyer?
- He is recognised in Legal Media Group's Guide to the World’s Leading Private Equity Lawyers and Guide to the World’s Leading M&A Lawyers.
- He is noted as one of only two “Star” individuals in the New Zealand corporate/M&A space, as ranked by Chambers Global in 2012 and 2013.
- He ranked “Lawyer of the year 2012” for Private Equity and "Lawyer of the year 2013" for Leveraged Buyouts in the Best Lawyers of New Zealand directory.
Member of the New Zealand Law Society
LLB (Hons), University of Canterbury
To view the complete feature on PDF, please click on NZ Lawyer Hotlist 2014