There’s a peculiar art to catching the big deals in Wellington. “The big deals only come along in that market about once every two years, and you can’t get them all, but you hope like heck you get them because they make a big difference to your practice
if you do,” explained one source. This brings us to Shirtcliffe and his role on one of last year’s major transactions out of Wellington: acting for Infratil, the New Zealand Superannuation Fund and Z Energy on the latter’s NZ$840m listing on the NZX
and the ASX. The Z Energy IPO was New Zealand’s largest listing since Mighty River’s raising in May 2013, another deal in which Chapman Tripp
was adviser to the issuer. Shirtcliffe is also a lead adviser to the Crown on the Genesis selldown.
Partner, Chapman Tripp
|Years of Experience:
- Honorary Solicitor to the New Zealand Academy of Fine Arts
- Board Member of Wellesley College and the Orpheus Choir
- Member of the Board of Trustees of Wellesley College.
- Past President of the Law and Economics Association of New Zealand
- LLB (1st Class Hons), Victoria University of Wellington (1990-1992)
- MA (Distinction), Birkbeck College, University of London (1987-1989)
- BA Lingustics (1st Class Hons), Victoria University of Wellington (1982-1985)
To view the complete feature on PDF, please click on NZ Lawyer Hotlist 2014