Are you looking for your next step in your career? We currently have an opportunity where we can offer fantastic experience working with a talented team in a dynamic industry. Whether you come from private practice or in-house, we would be keen to hear from you if you have a great attitude and bring energy and passion to your work! In return you will get exposure across a wide range of matters, you’ll be supported (but work with great autonomy) and have the ability to work in a flexible and digital environment amongst other great things!
In your new role as Legal Counsel – 12 month fixed term contract you will provide customer focussed legal services to Vodafone New Zealand. You will work flexibly and autonomously on a broad range of legal matters in a way that puts customers at the centre of what we do.
What Will I be Doing?
• Advising on a wide range of business opportunities and challenges, including key commercial transactions (on both buy and sell sides), collaboration or partnerships, business processes, material disputes and stakeholder management in line with agreed business priorities;
• Reviewing business actions with potential to have material customer impacts.
• Building strong relationships of trust and confidence with key stakeholders
• Developing capability and innovation within the Legal and External Affairs team and the wider business to support effectiveness and new ways of working.
• Proactively identifying opportunities for simplification and building legal capability:
• Leading projects to improve existing processes;
• Developing standard legal tools and guidance.
What Will I bring?
• Sound knowledge and experience across a broad range of areas of law.
• Strong core experience in commercial law.
• Flexibility, a growth mindset and openness to challenge.
• Good commercial sense and judgment, and a pragmatic outcome focussed approach.
• Admitted as Barrister and Solicitor in New Zealand.
• 3+ years’ relevant PQE (with preference for experience gained in private practice and/or in-house).
This role can be based from either our Auckland or Wellington offices.
With Vodafone, your unique talents and experience will help us deliver an unmatched experience to our customers and the communities we serve. In return you’ll enjoy equal opportunities in an inclusive and flexible working environment, in a diverse team of extraordinary people, while you’re growing your career here in Aotearoa, or globally.
The future is exciting… Ready?
Get in touch with Averil Howie