Seven New Zealand lawyers have earned praise in International Law Office’s (ILO) Client Choice Awards 2017.
Only in-house counsel can make nominations for the awards, which were established in 2005. ILO and the publication Lexology begin the selection process by conducting a readership survey of in-house counsel.
Feedback is also gathered from several in-house counsel events before individual lawyers and law firms are rated on metrics from quality of legal advice and industry knowledge, to loyalty and ethics.
From a shortlist made after that process, nominees are then invited to submit up to five client referees who are then interviewed by the research team.
Winners revealed at NZ Law Awards
Hat tipped to top firm for recruitment marketing campaign
- Banking – Katie Carson (Kensington Swan)
- Construction – Sarah Sinclair (MinterEllisonRuddWatts)
- General Corporate – David Hoare (Russell McVeagh)
- Intellectual Property: Patents – Greg Lynch (Catalyst Intellectual Property)
- Intellectual Property: Trademarks – Christopher Young (MinterEllisonRuddWatts)
- Litigation – Sarah Armstrong (Russell McVeagh)
- M&A – Josh Blackmore (Chapman Tripp)