Roger Wallis" src="https://au.res.keymedia.com/files/image/RogerWallis.jpg" style="width: 100px; height: 129px; border-width: 3px; border-style: solid; margin: 3px; float: left;" />Roger Wallis,
is described as the young gun of Chapman Tripp
’s corporate offering; the rising star who has come into his own in recent years. “Historically, Roger has worked with John [Strowger] as a senior associate – Roger was, back in the old days, the walking encyclopaedia on NZ companies and securities law and a superb technical lawyer, maybe not senior enough to develop a broader commercial reputation,” said one source. But things have clearly moved on since then, with Wallis being cited as a prominent dealmaker by many rivals.
Recent deals for Wallis include advising Metlifecare on its ASX listing, NZ$80m institutional placement and share purchase plan, and advising EBOS on its $239m placement and rights issue in conjunction with its transformative acquisition of Symbion for $1.1bn. Incidentally, the EBOS deal was led by another of Chapman Tripp
’s well-regarded dealmakers, Christchurch-based Alister McDonald.
Partner & Chairman of the Board, Chapman Tripp
|Years of Experience:
- Ranked as a leading lawyer by Chambers Asia Pacific 2012.
- Ranked as a top tier restructuring and insolvency lawyer by independent legal directory IFLR1000 2011.
- International Law Office General Corporate Client Choice Award, 2010 & 2011
- Takeovers Panel
- New Zealand Institute of Directors
- Institute of Finance Professionals New Zealand (INFINZ)
- Listed Companies Association
- Former Chairman of the NZX Legal and Regulatory Advisory board.
BCom, LLB (Hons), University of Auckland (1987-1993)
To view the complete feature on PDF, please click on NZ Lawyer Hotlist 2014