Mai Chen" src="https://au.res.keymedia.com/files/image/MaiChen.jpg" style="width: 100px; height: 117px; border-width: 3px; border-style: solid; margin: 3px; float: left;" />Mai Chen
Best-selling legal author and Auckland University lecturer Mai Chen
has been a growing voice on public radio and writes a column in a major news
paper. Her work has continued to be ground breaking, advising big corporates and quasi-public sector organisations from her boutique firm.
- Founding Partner, Chen Palmer New Zealand (1994)
- Adjunct Professor in Commercial and Public Law at the University of Auckland Business School (2010)
- Lecturer and Senior Lecturer at the Law Faculty, Victoria University of Wellington (1988-1993)
- NZ Securities Commission, Member (2003- 2009)
- Amp Life Ltd Advisory Board, (2001-2004)
|Years of Experience:
- Best-selling author of the Public Law Toolbox, published by LexisNexis in 2012
- Unlimited magazine’s 50 top Influencers List 2009/2010
- New Zealand Listener 50 Most Influential New Zealanders list 2007
- Ranked 57th in the Readers Digest list of the 85 Most Trusted New Zealanders
- Winner of Next Magazine’s Business Woman of the Year in 2011
- Winner of Supreme Judges Panel Award and the Professional Excellence Award at the New Zealand Chinese Business Elite Awards in 2012
- Winner of the Business and Entrepreneur Woman of Influence Award in 2013
- Top 10 finalist for 2014 New Zealander of the Year
- Chen Palmer has won the Best Public Law Firm in the New Zealand Law Awards in 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, and 2013, and also won the Best Boutique Law Firm category in 2010.
- Honorary Associate of the Auckland University of Technology (2000).
- Irving Oberman Memorial Award: Best Human Rights Thesis at Harvard Law School (1988).
- Outstanding overseas Chinese scholar awarded by the Government of Taiwan, Republic of China (1987).
- The Ferguson Human Rights Fellowship, granted by the Harvard Human Rights Programme (1988).ma
- Author of over 100 articles and books.
- Enterprise’s Beachheads Programme
- New Zealand Advisory Board of Trade
- Asia New Zealand Foundation
- Advisory Board of AMP Life Limited (NZ)
- Senior Lecturer at Victoria University Law School
- Councils of Victoria University of Wellington and Wellington Polytechnic.
- Inaugural Chair of the Board of New Zealand Global Women and Inaugural Chair of NZ Asian Leaders
- Member of the World Class New Zealand Network
- President of the Harvard Law School Alumni Association (New Zealand)
- Member of the New Zealand Law Society Public and Administrative Law Committee
- Fellow of the New Zealand Institute of Management (2000)
- Master’s degree from Harvard Law School (1987-1988)
- First Class Law Honours degree from Otago University (1982-1986)
To view the complete feature on PDF, please click on NZ Lawyer Hotlist 2014