Aside from heading up the Government and Regulatory practice
at Kensington Swan
’s Wellington office, Hayden Wilson manages to find time to act as the honorary solicitor for the New Zealand University Students’ Association and the Otago University Students’ Association. He is also commissioner of American football in Wellington.
Wilson has appeared in the Court of Appeal, the High Court, and in various other courts and tribunals, including acting for Nga Hapu in proceedings brought by members of the iwi, successfully defending a challenge to the Crown’s decision to recognise Nga Hapu’s mandate to negotiate on behalf of its members.
Partner, Kensington Swan (2000)
- Council member, Wellington District Law Society (2005-2008)
- Federation Office, NZ University Students Association (1997)
|Years of Experience:
Recognised as a leading lawyer in the 2011 and 2012 editions of Chambers and Partners
- Wellington Standards Committee of the New Zealand Law Society
- NZLS Public and Administrative Law Committee
- New Zealand University Students Association and the Otago University Students Association
- Institute of Directors
- Commissioner of American Football in Wellington
To view the complete feature on PDF, please click on NZ Lawyer Hotlist 2014