Chapman Tripp has announced the promotion of six senior solicitors and one senior legal advisor with all appointments effective from 1 March.
The new senior solicitors are listed below, along with their locations, teams and specialities:
- Philip Ascroft (Auckland, Corporate): Corporate and securities law with a focus on equity capital markets, IPOs, capital raisings, mergers & acquisitions, and takeovers
- Megan Pearce (Auckland, Corporate): Energy, infrastructure, IT & telecommunication in the private and public sectors including consumer protection law and corporate restructuring
- Ellen Thomson (Wellington, Corporate): Regulatory and competition law in the telecommunications, energy and airport sectors, plus merger control and enforcement matters
- Russell Weir (Auckland, Corporate): Capital raisings, business acquisitions and corporate advisory work with a focus on acquisitions & partnering arrangements, property syndications and corporate governance
- Lauren Adams (Auckland/Christchurch, Litigation): Litigation and dispute resolution – with a focus on insurance, health & safety and employment disputes – plus policy response and indemnity for liability insurance products
- Kellie Arthur (Auckland, Litigation): Litigation and dispute resolution with reinsurance, commercial property, general contract and tort issues – plus has an interest in domestic and international arbitration
Luke Bowers also joins the Corporate team in Auckland as a new senior legal advisor. Bowers specialises in corporate and securities law with a focus on mergers & acquisitions. He also advises on regulatory matters.
NZ Lawyer talked with a spokesperson from the Chapman Tripp human resources department about these new promotions.
“The promotion process is based on the performance of the candidate, how they communicate and work in a team, their rapport with our clients and how they live our values within their daily work,” the spokesperson said.