NZ Lawyer forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

The Lighter Side: Hollywood's best, worst and most bizarre lawyers

Notify me of new replies via email
NZ Lawyer | 07 Mar 2014, 06:00 a.m. Agree 0
In light of this week's Academy Awards ceremony, we thought we'd take a moment to look back on some of Hollywood's best, baddest and most bizarre fictional lawyers
  • jfwd | 07 Mar 2014, 10:44 a.m. Agree 0
    Dennis Denuto (The Castle) so belongs in this list, "It's just... the vibe... of the thing".
  • jmmorrell | 12 Apr 2014, 02:55 a.m. Agree 0
    My Cousin Lenny. Don't recall the names of the key characters, nor the names of the actors who played them. Winning defense attorney established a crucial timeline by recalling a witness' testimony that "everybody in the south knows you cannot cook grits right in less than 25 minutes". . . or something like that.

Its the only line in the film that stuck with me over the years. Imagine that!
  • Nick Rout | 14 Apr 2014, 11:57 a.m. Agree 0
    How could you leave out Breaking Bad's Saul Goodman.

So good they are making a spinoff "Better Call Saul"
  • randersen | 16 Apr 2014, 12:01 p.m. Agree 0
    I agree with jfwd - Denis Denuto is certainly worthy of being featured on this list. "It's just the's the's Mabo..." Classic.

Also the chap who played Allan Shaw from Boston Legal - he is fantastic.
  • Nick Rout | 16 Apr 2014, 01:38 p.m. Agree 0
    Denuto is a classic.

Allan Shore was played by James Spader, who is also very good in The Blacklist. The Blacklist story line is a little implausible, but worth watching for Spader. And back to the legal theme, he is also a lawyer in Secretary .
Post a reply