NZ Lawyer forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Lighter Side: Merry Christmas, you’re fired

Notify me of new replies via email
NZ Lawyer | 12 Dec 2014, 09:45 a.m. Agree 0
A managing partner who has appeared on a list of influential lawyers has been revealed as a Christmas Grinch thanks to a mean-spirited email he sent to his associates
  • Ashley Balls | 12 Dec 2014, 05:10 p.m. Agree 0
    I take it Steve Berman will be using his message as supporting evidence for his claim to be the 'employer of choice award' for 2014. Clearly 'sensitivity' is not his middle name. To be serious though this kind of communication is sufficiently poorly thought out and executed that now it is in the public domain it has the capacity to measurably damage the firm. This is definitely a fail for 'Marketing 101'.
  • Ken | 18 Dec 2014, 01:56 p.m. Agree 0
    I actually found it kind of refreshing. No law firm or corporate employer is capable of loving you back so while you always give your best in any job always keep in mind you are just a number and you can be replaced at any time and if something better comes along you will in turn dump them. And so the world turns.
Post a reply