NZ Lawyer forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Launch of CPD live streaming opens "new world" for lawyers

Notify me of new replies via email
Sophie Schroder | 29 Aug 2014, 10:06 a.m. Agree 0
A novel way to connect lawyers throughout the country while assisting with their CPD is being launched today: One lawyer joked it meant he could even crack open a beer while learning
  • David Roughan | 29 Aug 2014, 01:20 p.m. Agree 0
    This is a wonderful development.
    I`ve been a willing participant in CLE well before CPD was thought of.
    However, being able to attend unmissable seminars by live streaming will give me 5 more hours in my life (the time I have taken travelling from Kamo to Auckland & back to attend these 4pm to 6.15pm seminars) each day there is a live streaming option available to me.
  • Marian Whyte | 29 Aug 2014, 05:22 p.m. Agree 0
    Brilliant! It's not quite the same as physically attending (for me) but this advance means the travel costs including the cost of down time travelling, is no longer the issue it was. As enticing as Auckland is (not) a 6+ hour round trip to attend a 2 hour webinar is a serious impediment. For the same amount of time I can potentially attend three additional 2 hour live stream seminars or webinars, have the privilege of choosing to attend a greater breadth of CPD topics, and could if I wanted to "even crack open a beer" while on line. The technology is there - why wouldn't you use it?
  • christin786 | 27 Nov 2014, 08:10 p.m. Agree 0
    As enticing as Auckland is (not) a 6+ hour round trip to attend a 2 hour webinar is a serious impediment. For the same amount of time I can potentially attend three additional 2 hour live stream seminars or webinars, http://www.shaamtv.com/?t=geo_news_live&c=1
    have the privilege of choosing to attend a greater breadth of CPD topics, and could if I wanted to "even crack open a beer" while on line.
Post a reply