NZ Lawyer forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

In-house roles: no longer the low-paid alternative

Notify me of new replies via email
Mackenzie McCarty | 07 May 2014, 08:00 a.m. Agree 0
Forget slogging away for decades in an effort to make equity partner. Today, many lawyers are looking in-house when it comes to career progression
  • Judith Eller | 08 May 2014, 01:18 p.m. Agree 0
    I think that Sarah Sinclair raises an interesting point as to why more solicitors don't move back from in-house to private practice. I think one reason is they don't want to move back once they have had a taste of what an in house role can offer. Also from a recruitment angle I am often surprised by a firm's attitude to candidates who have worked in-house and looking for a move back to private practice. I am guessing that they see this as a "deviant" move from the main stream legal career and therefore it sends a message of not being committed to private practice. From where I sit wouldn't you think this is hugely valuable experience; one of how a business works and two on how best to deliver legal services to an in house team or client.
Post a reply